Building Credibility and Expanding Your Reach With Social Media
Social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube) has to be managed properly to be a benefit rather than a liability.
We value social media on many levels:
- social media lends credibility
- social media helps to differentiate "real brick and mortar" businesses from online or international competitor sites that are built to redirect your customer elsewhere
- social media allows your customer to feel like part of your business
- search engines love social media
- customer reviews via social media are becoming increasingly important
We have been building and maintaining social media campaigns for a variety of customers and manage some that are the largest communities in the given industry. Social Media is only part of the internet marketing puzzle - but an important one.
Social Media Do's and Dont's
- Do be authentic.
- Do post content that is original for each platform. It's okay and even wise to post some content through multiple platforms, but the hierarchy of how you do this is an art form unto itself. Contact us or pay attention to strong accounts with tons of followers manage this.
- Do use geo targeting features to contact your customers in the right area.
- Do interact with other brands. Start and be part of a conversation. It builds credibility and trust with your customer.
- Do post regularly, but do it well. But don't overpost promotional content. If you're drawing a blank on what to post, why not share another brand's post?
- DON'T create profiles and abandon them to sit as a glaring eyesore for your company.
- DON'T post promotional content. With certain exceptions, there's really no reason ever to post a commercial in a Facebook feed. You do not need to announce your new website either.
- DON'T Get Political. Don't let your emotions get the best of you. Of course there are exceptions to this for certain entities like Comedians, influencers, individuals who have already s
H.I.M. Can Help by Creating an Identity and Managing Your Social Media Profiles and Campaigns
Abba Zabba: 200 Users
Some of our customers provide services that differentiate themselves with a flashy brand or a central figure (ie beauty salon or a graphic designer). In these cases, it is a "no brainer" to create a social media campaign around the brand or the central figure.
But what about products that are more of a commodity or a "run of the mill" service (like a water bottling service or an oil change business)?
This is more difficult, but we still think there is value. The key is to identify (or create) a central figure or "authority" on the topic who people can become attached to and then provide useful information that will justify earning followers.
Can you believe that Skittles has 20,000,000 fans and Abba Zabba has 265. Now you may like Skittles better than Abba Zabba, but is it really one hundred thousand times better? That's the difference that a properly executed internet marketing campaign can make.
Our specialty is helping to create and then manage a social media campaign and this includes:
- shaping the brand or "authority identity"
- building followers
- sending messages
We can handle this for platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube. Do not forget to check out our section about "paid search."